ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Database appears corrupt after a restore using the agent

1999-09-23 11:44:19
Subject: Re: Exchange Database appears corrupt after a restore using the agent
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:44:19 -0400
Kelly,

I assume when the customer says ADSM restores, he is using the
ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange:

Two VERY important things when doing such a restore:

1. Make sure you use the "ERASEEXISTING" option on the restore.
   The command line client has an option, the GUI has a radio button.
   This removes pre-existing transaction logs that confuse
   the Exchange server on the transaction log replay after
   the restore.

2. After running the restore and BEFORE running ESEUTIL,
   you MUST restart the Directory and Information Store services.
   It also doesn't hurt to recycle the System Attendant.
   The Exchange Server MUST replay the transaction logs before
   a valid consistency check can be done.
   THIS IS DIFFERENT than an "Offline" restore procedure.
   Also, you should NOT run ISINTEG -patch after doing an
   online restore.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler