ADSM-L

Re: Charge back system

1999-09-14 02:35:42
Subject: Re: Charge back system
From: Andreas Peikert <APEIKER AT BFG DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:35:42 +0200
Hi Joanne,

as far as I know (at the moment pure theory since my knowledge
comes from another installation) You may want to try the cmd
'SET ACCOUNTING ON'. The records may then be examined by an
MVS or Unix accounting package or You write some program to do
that. Details regarding the content of the records should be
available somewhere in the Admin Guide. At least on VM, I had
accounting on with ADSM V2.1 for a while and got quite some
information from these records (network load, bytes archived or
recalled, bytes backed up or restored, duration of session, etc).

What I always missed was, that there is no charge for data which
is already on the server in some storage pool (but I may haven't
searched enough or things change with ADSM V3). This would be
very useful to charge more for expensive media like disk or less
for tapes, etc.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Andreas Peikert
BfG Bank AG