ADSM-L

Re: Select Command

1999-09-13 12:41:26
Subject: Re: Select Command
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:41:26 -0400
In Chapter 15 of the ADSM V3R1 Server Admin Guide, there is a section
entitled "Automating Server Operations", and a subsection entitled
"Using Logic Flow Statements in a Script".  In my copy, for Sun Solaris,
this is at page 335.  This section talks about return codes and if
statements.

I realize you are talking about a MACRO, whereas I am talking about a
SCRIPT.  I don't know if flow control is possible in a macro.  I have
found that scripts work marvelously well, however.

An alternative approach is to define a completely unprivileged admin,
and to issue each select command in a separate batch mode invocation
under the control of a Perl, Python, or shell script.

Hope this helps,
Rich

At 01:29 PM 9/13/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I ran a macro with a few select commands, my problem is if one of the
>select command occurred a "No match found using this criteria", the others
>select commands doesn't run.
>How can I force the macro continuing to run even if a select doesn't  have
>an output.
>
>T.I.A  Robert

>* Ouzen Robert             E-mail: robert AT research.haifa.ac DOT il  *
>* Helpdesk Manager         Phone:  (972)-4-8240345              *
>* Computer Center          Fax:    (972)-4-8342097              *
>* University of Haifa              (972)-4-8249177              *
>* Mt. Carmel, Haifa 31905 Israel                                *

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company              fax:   716-722-3885
Rochester, NY 14650-2203