ADSM-L

Re: Exchange backup problem

1999-09-13 13:44:23
Subject: Re: Exchange backup problem
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:44:23 -0400
Seth,

>Has anyone experienced problems backing up Exchange to ADSM for NT? Every
>time I try it with the connect agent, I get a TCPIP timeout after about 1GB.
>I do not get any server errors on the ADSM for NT box, just the ADSM error
>message. Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to convince a
>skeptical Exchange administrator.

Is the timeout being reported by the ADSM server or the connect agent?  If the
server, then increase the
commtimeout as has already been suggested and also ensure that compression is
off on the client.  If these
steps don't take care of the problem, then you will need to pursue it further to
find out if there is a problem in the
network that is preventing the TCP packets from getting through to the ADSM
server...

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development
internet  zaremba AT us.ibm DOT com