ADSM-L

AW: How to do daily ADSM checks

1999-07-15 13:55:53
Subject: AW: How to do daily ADSM checks
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:55:53 +0200
We are running ADSM/VM 2.1.0.19 so the new functions of V3 are not (yet)
available to us.
We use the pre- and postprocessing of the scheduler.
The preprocessing command file renames the DSMSCHED.LOG and DSMERROR.LOG
to DSMSCHDx.LOG and DSMERRx.LOG. So the last 5 logs are available at the
client.
In the postprocessing we start FTP with an appropriate NETRC file to
transfer the following
files to the mainframe:
*       DSMSCHED.LOG
*       DSMERROR.LOG
*       DSM.OPT
*       DSM.SYS (for the AIX clients)
*       The include/exclude File (for the AIX clients)
Now all relevant files are available on one machine. A program is run in the
morning to check
the following:
*       Have all the known filespaces for all known nodes been backed up
last night?
*       Is there a node without a filespace?
*       Check if all Log-Files have been transferred to the mainframe
*       Check the DSMSCHED.LOG of the Windows NT clients for a saved
registry
*       If a DSMERROR.LOG exists and a DSMERROR.OK (here I inklude all
messages which
have been checked once and are considered OK) all "correct" messages are
removed and
the rest is considered to be "real error messages".
If any errors have been found an EMail is created and sent to the
ADSM-Administrator.

Hope this helps
Kind regards
Thomas Rupp