ADSM-L

Re: How to do daily ADSM checks

1999-07-15 14:13:01
Subject: Re: How to do daily ADSM checks
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:13:01 -0400
If you have version 3 the data written to the DSMSCHED.LOG is written to the
Activity log.
We have 26,000 clients and we do not check them per se. we give users the
ability to check their own and on reboot
the DSMC.EXE runs and does a Q filespace so they see when they last backed
up.

We want something better from IBM and we have been told, truthfully or not,
that they are working on a feature that will
notify the user that they successfully backed up and when or upon
completion. simple programming stuff actually. We may write something in
house if nothing comes from IBM in the next year.

Anyway... I'm sure others have their own solutions so you should have plenty
of ad-hoc options.

CR

Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst