ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 21 Jun 1999 to 22 Jun 1999 (#1999-101)

1999-06-23 10:40:57
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 21 Jun 1999 to 22 Jun 1999 (#1999-101)
From: Bacchi Matt VENDOR <v2bacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:40:57 -0400
Steve,
        The buta client does lock a fileset when it is backing it up, but the
procedure for both AFS and DFS backup assumes that you are cloning your
original filesets, and then sending those backed up versions to tape/ADSM.
The filesets are cloned with an "fts clone" or "fts clonesys" command, which
we run out of cron, or theoretically it could be a bos instance too.  Once
this happens, we run our backups, which are defined in the backup database so
as to backup all filesets with the ".backup" extension.
        This process ensures that your production filesets are accessible at
all times.  Hope this information is useful.

-Matt
Matt Bacchi                              mbacchi AT us.ibm DOT com
IBM Global Services                    v2bacchi AT btv.ibm DOT com
ADSM & AFS Backup