ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 21 Jun 1999 to 22 Jun 1999 (#1999-101)

1999-06-23 18:32:35
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 21 Jun 1999 to 22 Jun 1999 (#1999-101)
From: DIGEST Barry Fruchtman <bf AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:32:35 -0600
 These are options for the admin command line client that are documented
in the Administrator's Reference.
-COMMAdelimited
    Specifies that any tabular output from a server query is to be formatted as
    Specifies that any tabular output from a server query is to be formatted as
    comma-separated strings rather than in readable format. This option is
intended to be
    used primarily when redirecting the output of an SQL query (SELECT command).
 The
    comma-separated value format is a standard data format which can be
processed by
    many common programs, including spreadsheets, data bases, and report
generators.

-TABdelimited
    Specifies that any tabular output from a server query is to be formatted as
    Specifies that any tabular output from a server query is to be formatted as
tab-separated
    strings rather than in readable format. This option is intended to be used
primarily when
    redirecting the output of an SQL query (SELECT command). The tab-separated
value
    format is a standard data format which can be processed by many common
programs,
    including spreadsheets, data bases, and report generators.

Barry Fruchtman
ADSM Development
bf AT us.ibm DOT com