ADSM-L

Re: include-exclude question

1999-05-03 11:17:53
Subject: Re: include-exclude question
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 11:17:53 -0400

> I am using ADSM v.3 on a Solaris 2.6 machine.. I want to  exclude
> everything on the disk (exclude /*) and include (include /usr/local/,
> include /var/spool/udsinstall....)  Howevery, I see all the
> files/directories under root  was backuped...  Is my include/exclude setup
> correctly ?

Try:

exclude /.../*
exclude /*
include /usr/local/.../*
include /var/spool/udsinstall/.../*

The above will still backup all of the directory files.  You can prevent
this if you disk is partioned, such taht you could use some exclude.fs and
exclude.dir.

Showing the current exclude file you are using, along with the output of
"df -kl" would help answer your question...

Don't forget, the file is processed from the bottom up.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,