ADSM-L

Slow restores

1999-04-28 17:03:09
Subject: Slow restores
From: Sterling James <ssjames AT DSTSYSTEMS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:03:09 -0500
Hello,
I would like some help with some suggestions to improve the restore time.
MediaW seems to been the lion's share of the restore time on the server, which I
feel is mounting the volume and then locating the file on the volume. We have
collocate as YES on the storage pool. Is there anything that would help keeping
the files for a node on fewer carts, hoping that would reduce the mounts and
locate on different volumes? Does reclaim try to honor collocation?
 Any help would be appreciated.
TIA