ADSM-L

Re: web client: delete archive data

1999-04-28 16:20:40
Subject: Re: web client: delete archive data
From: Alfred Novacek <Novacek AT POP.IDV.UNI-LINZ.AC DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:20:40 +0200
Another wish:

On certain platforms (Windows, MacOS, ...), users are allowed to change
volume names/labels. Why not offer the option to allow user to rename file
spaces?

Sincerely Yours - Alfred Novacek

>While we are on the wish list:
>
>how about allowing the client to delete the backups within a filespace
>without deleting the archives? The ADSM admin can do that:
>DELETE FILESPACE nodename filespace TYPE=BACKUP
>but there is no such function in the client interface. I had hoped, that
>the new node level admins could use that admin command for "their" nodes,
>but they are not allowed to.
>
>Vraspir, Mary J. writes:
> > Lori,
> > Is there any hope of a delete of backup data other than delete filespace.
> > This function would improve our situation enormously.
> > Thanks
> > M J Vraspir
> > West Teleservices
> > Omaha, NE

Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Novacek
Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Novacek
Institute for Data Processing in Business Administrations,
     Economics and Social Sciences
Johannes Kepler University Linz / Austria
E-Mail: Novacek AT idv.uni-linz.ac DOT at
        Novacek AT pop.idv.uni-linz.ac DOT at
WWW: http://www.idv.uni-linz.ac.at