ADSM-L

DB Restore: Still having trouble|

1999-04-21 13:56:11
Subject: DB Restore: Still having trouble|
From: "GSHEPPAR@CUUKMAIL" <guy_sheppard AT UK.CU DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:56:11 EDT
To:         I1017261@IBMMAIL   IBMMAIL -I1017261 *ibmmail.I1017261
Dear All,

You may remember I had some problems with my recovery log.

Well tried to add more (EXTEND) - no joy
Deleted them and refomated etc etc.
Now I'm doing a DSMSERV RESTORE  DB TODATE=mm/dd/1999 (I still have valid
devconfig and volhist)

Seems fine although I have a STK 9730 and I can't get it to mount, or read if
mounted, the tape. It knows which one it wants
and it 's the correct one.

If I premount the tape, the code says  oh by the way tape xyz is being
dismounted and placed in slot 123.

So I issue the restore again, coz now it knows about tape xyz. Only ADSM then
says expect tape to be mounted and can't find it in library.

Any ideas?  Please....

Even if there is something subtle I'M missing(and I hope there is), I don't
think much of the product in this area. It should be far easier than this to
restore
a Database. Thats ignoring the problem that caused this mess in the first place
and I don't know what that is either!!!

Getting annoyed, please someone help.

Guy