ADSM-L

Re: Internal error LOGSEG871

1999-04-21 13:50:21
Subject: Re: Internal error LOGSEG871
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:50:21 -0400
>Well it looks like I have started a really heated discussion on recovery log.

Not heated, really, just a healthy examination of approaches and realities.
I just had a thought that a peculiar variant on all this, for point-in-time
ADSM database recoveries, would be to employ the usual ADSM mirroring, but
then to Vary Off one of the mirrors at an appointed time and use an external
utility to make a physical image copy of the database, for possible later
restoral.  For that matter, you could simply retain that disk image as-is
and put a fresh disk area to work as the next mirror, rotating them over
time, never having to do a Backup DB again.  Some wacky ideas can come to
mind if your mind has been immersed in all this stuff too long.  :-)
     Richard Sims, BU