ADSM-L

Re: Volume status

1999-03-23 16:43:20
Subject: Re: Volume status
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:43:20 -0500
Well, at least I can answer this one!
Look at the properties for the storage pool this volume belongs to.
Look at the field called REUSEDELAY, which you apparently have set to "n"
days.

When a volume is empty, ADSM leaves it in "pending" state for "n" days as
specified in REUSEDELAY.
Then the volume will automatically go back to scratch.

The "pending" delay is there so that if you want to be able to go back and
get data off tapes should you do a data base restore to an earlier time,
ADSM makes sure the tape is not written over for "n" days.