ADSM-L

Scheduling via Control-M

1999-03-09 22:04:48
Subject: Scheduling via Control-M
From: "Pemberton, Steven" <spember AT UE.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:04:48 +1000
Guru's,

We want to move all our ADSM scheduled tasks into Control-M, but we're
unsure how to report the status of some tasks back to control-M.

Our problem is that admin tasks like "backup stgpool" occur in the
background and return immediately to Control-M, giving no indication of
their return value.

I'm aware of the WAIT=YES flag on "backup stgpool" type commands, but this
seems to only spawn one process and ignores the maxproc=2 argument. This is
no good as we need to use 2 drives (2 read & 2 write) to backup the stgpool
in a reasonable time.

Otherwise we're considering writing a nasty Perl wrapper to query the
activity log for process id's and continue polling the log until the backup
stgpool completes, and then return the return status to Control-M.

Both the ADSM server and Control-M are on AIX. The ADSM server is version 3.

Has anyone else done this before?

Thanks for any help,

Steven Pemberton.
United Energy