ADSM-L

Re: Newbie backup problems

1999-02-22 08:30:04
Subject: Re: Newbie backup problems
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:30:04 -0500
> > I've just installed ADSM server 3.1.2.0 and client 3.1.20.0 on AIX 4.3.2.
> > I have an appropriate backup scheduled, but its status goes from future to
> > pending then to missed without the backup being performed.  dsmc sched *is*
> > running from inittab.
> >
> > The strange thing is that if I run dsmc sched from a terminal session
> > during the backup window the backup *does* get run.

Then this tells me you are associated with the schedule.

A couple things to check:
    1. Is your client running in Polling or Prompted mode?
    2. If Polling, is the refresh interval longer then the schedule's
       window?
    3. If Polling, change it to Prompted. ;-)

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,