ADSM-L

Re: Newbie backup problems

1999-02-22 00:38:28
Subject: Re: Newbie backup problems
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 21:38:28 -0800
Also, check the contents of the dsmerror.log file. If you don't set an
environmental variable, I think you will find the one for the init job in at
/dsmerror.log.  Another common mistake is that you started the scheduler
before properly setting up the dsm.serv file.  When you modify any of the
configuration files, you have to stop and start the scheduler service
because its not smart enough to check for file updates.  Finally you can
look at the activity log on the server to see if any messages were generated
when you initiated the failing scheduler.