ADSM-L

Re: what is a sensible retention period for volhistory?

1999-02-19 08:31:49
Subject: Re: what is a sensible retention period for volhistory?
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:31:49 -0500
If you have DRM, it's only to keep your volhistory cleaned up.  If you don't
have DRM, then you want to make sure you wait long enough to keep enough db
backups.  In your case, if you take a database backup everyday, you can
still use the last 30 of them.  Of course, if your reuse parameter is
something like '3', then there's no point going back more than 3 days
because some of your tapes may have been reused and won't match the db
backup anymore.