ADSM-L

Re: DEADLOCK

1999-02-09 16:38:01
Subject: Re: DEADLOCK
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:38:01 -0500
No.
What DRM does for you is (1) manage the movement and tracking of your DR
tapes onsite and back onsite again, and (2) automate (well, almost) the
rebuilding your ADSM server at your offsite location so that you will be
able to start restores for your clients.
The time you save in ONE use of DRM for doing an off site hot test, can more
than pay for the cost of the component.
But it doesn't do anything to automate the recovery of the clients
themselves.