ADSM-L

Re: Anyone seen this?

1999-01-13 09:56:36
Subject: Re: Anyone seen this?
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:56:36 -0500
In <199901122223.QAA08148 AT plaisance.uchicago DOT edu>, on 01/12/99
   at 04:23 PM, Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU> said:

>At 04:54 PM 1/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>Yes, I've seen it.  It is a new feature in server level 3.1.2.1, part of the
>>support for the web B/A client, which is an administrator client.  The new
>>admin id lets the client owner be a limited power admin to run the web B/A
>>client  for his own machine.
>>
>>You can suppress the new admin id's by adding 'USER=NONE' to the  'register
>>node' command.
>>
>>Bill Colwell
>>- - -

>>--
>>-----------------------------------------------------------
>>Bill Colwell
>>C. S. Draper Lab
>>Cambridge, Ma.
>>bcolwell AT draper DOT com
>>-----------------------------------------------------------
>>

>But how to do this from the Admin Client.  I don't see such a setting in
>either the GUI or the WEB version.  I'd hate to have to teach all my domain
>admins how to use the Command Line.

>Fred Johanson
>System Administrator, ADSM
>S.E.A.
>University of Chicago
>773-702-8464

The field is in my admin web.  Have you done the IDL load step? I am running
3.1.2.1 on os/390.

Here is the new part of the register new node web page/panel.  If you don't
see this text, you need to load the 3.1.2.1 idl.

---
If you want this client definition to be displayed in the network view so
If you want this client definition to be displayed in the network view so
that you can link to it, the URL for the
 client must be specified.
 URL

 By default, an administrtive userid will be created for accessing the
client remotely. Specify NONE below if you
 do not want this userid to be created, or another administrator's name if
you want that administrator to have
 OWNER access over the node.
 User ID for remote Access
Bill Colwell