ADSM-L

Are there any comparable utilities for ADSM?

1999-01-08 14:39:17
Subject: Are there any comparable utilities for ADSM?
From: Robert Bunt <rmbunt AT NYSEG DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:39:17 -0500
     I just read through some promotional material for some
Audit Utilities for OS/390 HSM.  The discussion centers around the
improved performance over the native IBM HSM Audit Utilities.  According
to the document, real time cost savings drop from what would take a
day (30 hours) to run to minutes (33 minutes).

     While I am reading this promo, I am also running an ADSM
Database Audit which has had ADSM offline for the past 5 hours and still
counting.  This led me to the following question:

     Are there similar Utilities offered for ADSM that would enhance
or improve the performance  of items like AUDITDB?  Does anyone know
of any that may be in the developmental stages that I should keep an
eye out for?  Any information would be appreciated.

                                   Bob Bunt
                                   rmbunt AT nyseg DOT com