ADSM-L

Re: exchange schedul

1999-01-06 08:24:23
Subject: Re: exchange schedul
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:24:23 -0500
Leo,

Make sure the ADSM Scheduler Service that kicks off the
Exchange backup is running as the Exchange Site Services Account
as explained on page 57, Step 5 of Appendix C in the User's Guide.

If you have the 1.1.0.0 "A" fixtest version of the Exchange Agent
(available on the IBM FTP site) it relaxes this requirements.
Search the archives of this list for more details on the
1.1.0.0 "A" fixtest version.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

> Hi ADSMers,
>
> Can anybody help me with the following problem ?
> We are running NT4 with service pack 3 ADSM server 3.1.2.0
> The backup client is 3.1.0.6 and the exchange agent is the initial
release.

> I'm trying to automate the MS Exchange backup with the procedures given
in the exchange manual.
> When I execute the command file manually, it works fine but the scheduled
event does not work.
> I've removed the scheduler service and reinstalled it. I have two nodes
on the exchange server
> VDCEXCH02 and VDEXCH02.
> Each node runs its own scheduler service one for the BU-client and one
for the Exchange agent. The exchange > service  logs on as the exchange
server administrator.