ADSM-L

exchange schedul

2015-10-04 17:48:51
Subject: exchange schedul
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of Leo
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi ADSMers,

Can anybody help me with the following problem ?
We are running NT4 with service pack 3 ADSM server 3.1.2.0
The backup client is 3.1.0.6 and the exchange agent is the initial release.

I'm trying to automate the MS Exchange backup with the procedures given in
the exchange manual.
When I execute the command file manually, it works fine but the scheduled
event does not work.
I' ve removed the scheduler service and reinstalled it. I have two nodes on
the exchange server VDCEXCH02 and VDEXCH02.
Each node runs its own scheduler service one for the BU-client and one for
the Exchange agent. The exchange service  logs on as the exchange server
administrator.

The scheduler service fails with the following message

The current date is: Mon 01/04/1999
Enter the new date: (mm-dd-yy) The current time is: 21:03:50.64
Enter the new time:
ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager
ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
Command Line Interface - Version 1, Release 1, Level 0.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998. All rights reserved.

ADSM API Version 3, Release 1, Level 3
ADSM Nodename: VDEXCH02

License file exists and contains valid license data.

Starting a backup to the ADSM server...

   Exchange Server : VDCEXCH02
          Database : Directory
       Backup Type : Full

Logging on to the ADSM server...

Backup error encountered.
Unknown Exchange Agent error: rc = 1

I thank you for your response in advance

Happy New Year everybody

from
Leo Humar