ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server on AIX or Windows NT?

1999-01-05 09:37:51
Subject: Re: ADSM Server on AIX or Windows NT?
From: Tjeerd Saijoen <tsaijoen AT RISCMAN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:37:51 -0500
Eric,

I have done several testing with ADSM and different platforms.

AIX is depending of size of the Box and network cards, if I compare a NT box
with the RISC/6000 you don't see a lot of differences. Mostly the difference
shows when you go to SP2 with channels than the SP/2 box is a lot faster
than NT. We found a NT with 2 processors the fastest box, we don't see a lot
of difference with 2 or 4 way processors.

If you need more info you can reach me at 813-908-2438 in the USA. I speak
Dutch or e-mail tsaijoen AT aol DOT com

Regards Tjeerd Saijoen
Certified Consultant ADSM