ADSM-L

ADSM Server on AIX or Windows NT?

1999-01-05 08:07:35
Subject: ADSM Server on AIX or Windows NT?
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:07:35 +0100
Hi ADSM-ers!
We are currently running ADSM V2 on OS/390 and ADSM V3 on AIX.
Since there is a vast growing demand for backup services in our organization
we are on the verge of making a strategic platform choice. We are looking at
AIX and Windows NT (OS/390 hardware is too expensive and does only offer a
centralized solution).
I have got two questions about the Windows NT Server:
1) How is the overall performance of a ADSM server on NT compared to AIX?
2) Should I buy a PC containing a 400 MHz. processor or is it better to buy
a server with two 200 MHz. processors. Does ADSM utilize multi-processors?
Thanks in advance for any reply!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon