ADSM-L

Re: Problem with Client Option Sets

1998-12-16 13:07:13
Subject: Re: Problem with Client Option Sets
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:07:13 -0600
     Someone said consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds . . . so call
     me small minded.  There is a reserved word "inclexcl" that pertains to
     UNIX clients and allows a path to an external file where an include
     exclude list is stored (or so I was told by the UNIX gurus here).

     Now, and in addition to not in replacement of (I think) there is an
     entirely new use of the same reserved word.  (As explained below.)

     Am I mistaken or is this an example of ADSM terminology becoming more
     like English where the meaning of a word depends on what you mean not
     what you say?

     erl UW-Madison