ADSM-L

Re: NT Restores

1998-11-24 09:23:13
Subject: Re: NT Restores
From: Joe Schilling <joe_schilling AT BOMC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:23:13 -0500
We installed the Backup Client on our personal workstation.  When we need
to restore a file on our NT systems, we log into ADSM from our workstation
using
the ID for the NT server.  Here is what we typically do:

We login to the NT server and Map a drive to the specified location for the
file to be placed.
We then login (from our workstation) to ADSM using the nodes userid for the
NT server we wish to restore the file from.
Once logged in, you will see all files for that server on your workstation.
Select the file you wish to restore, then place it into the Mapped drive
that you created earlier.

This works well for us.

smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM on 11/23/98 04:55:04 PM

Please respond to smoldt AT storsol DOT com