ADSM-L

Re: ANS1105E The management class for this file does not have a valid backup copy group.

1998-10-13 17:13:41
Subject: Re: ANS1105E The management class for this file does not have a valid backup copy group.
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:13:41 -0400
It's a bug.  Just create the mgmtclass in the new polciy domain that it is
complaining about, and when the next backup runs, the files will get
rebound.  Once done, you can remove the dummy mgmtclass, or leave it
around for the next client that migrate to the new domain....

I would expect that you are also seeing errors during expiration.  I did,
and the above cleared everything up.

Many thanks to Andy Raibeck, as he helped me resolve this.

I guess I should have asked on this list, so the solution would have been
out there for everyone....

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Denver UNIX Support wrote:

> 1) We are in testing and recently reassociated our nodes to new Policy
> Domains, Sets, Classes...
> 2) Our default Management Class has a standard copy group.
> 3) We've updated dsm.sys to point to the new inclexcl.txt files:
>         Old:    include /.../*
>                 exclude /.../tmp/.../*
>                 exclude /.../core
>                 include /usr/oneworld/.../* oneworld (This management class
> no longer exists)
>                 exclude /.../*.dbf
>                 exclude /unix
>
>         New:    include /.../*
>                 exclude /.../tmp/.../*
>                 exclude /.../core
>                 exclude /.../*.dbf
>                 exclude /unix
>
> 4) We then restarted the schedular.
>
> Any ideas on what we may have overlooked?

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,