ADSM-L

Re: Foreign drives under NT 4.0 ? invalid drive spec??

1998-10-07 14:59:14
Subject: Re: Foreign drives under NT 4.0 ? invalid drive spec??
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:59:14 -0400
Keep in mind that persistent drive mappings happen at logon time, so the
account which the service (either ADSM, NT Schedule, or other)
logs on as must have the desired drives mapped or must have the authority to
NET USE them at startup.

Also, the local system account has no domain credentials and therefore will not
be able to map (NET USE) any domain resources without
a valid user name and password.

The easiest method of getting around this is to have the service log on as
domain authorized account (can be done via Services Control Panel)
which has the desired drives mapped.

Hope this helps .....

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM NT Client Development
---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 10/07/98
7/98

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 10/06/98 09:43:48 PM