ADSM-L

Re: Scheduled Restore

1998-08-11 17:09:23
Subject: Re: Scheduled Restore
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:09:23 -0500
     Oh yes, I've choked that one down before... was hack'n and ack'n for a
     few days from it...

     1) make sure you've done your "set access" from one box for the other
     box!

     2) both boxes have to be backed up by the same ADSM server 'cause you
     can't make a scheduler jump over to a different server

     3) just set up the scheduled event of the restore just as you would
     from the command line, using the "-Fromnode=nodename" option and
     remember you MUST use the destinationfilespecification here...

     4)

     and they have to be of the same platform... that is you can't restore
     a unix file to an NT machine, yada, yada, yada...

     Might I ask, are you just doing as I was and giving it that Ol'
     make-or-break test ?

     Trust me you really don't want to try to document some procedure on
     this for helpdesk folks to use, that is if you require more than 6
     hours sleep every YEAR!

     later,
           Dwight

Author:  jphinney (jphinney AT humana DOT com) at unix,mime
Date:    8/11/98 3:03 PM

Hi, thanks!
We do them successfully from the command line too, but now I have a need to
use the ADSM Scheduler to do a scheduled restore from one client to
another.. have you ever done it using the scheduler?
Thanks,
Julie

"Cunningham, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Cunningham AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM> on
08/11/98
02:33:08 PM