ADSM-L

Re: Private/Scratch library tapes

1998-07-14 11:22:10
Subject: Re: Private/Scratch library tapes
From: Dan Giles <Dan_Giles AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:22:10 -0400
How are you checking them into the library? Tapes will be marked private if

1) you check them into the library with "status=private" (though I don't believe
it would set the type to data, but would rather remain blank)
2) you DEFINE the volume to a storage pool
3) you check them into the library as scratch, but then adsm detects (through
the database) that there should be valid data on the volume after it asks the
library for a scratch tape.

Perhaps you can give us more details on the cercumstances surrounding this.