ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 2.6. Client Bug with Files > 2 GB

1998-07-06 09:11:13
Subject: Re: Solaris 2.6. Client Bug with Files > 2 GB
From: Dominic Froud <d.froud AT ELSEVIER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 14:11:13 +0100
Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE> writes:

> a user reported a problem with the version 3 client for Solaris 2.6. Trying
> to backup a file > 2GB produces error message ANR1028S. The problem seems
> to be known under APAR number IC20684. Is it possible to get a patch? Is
> there a circumvention?

More usefully, are they going to roll in a patch for IC20684 -and-
IP21297T2 (lofs filesystem problems) into a new level 0.5 client?

At this rate, I'll have to use two different types of client depending
on whether we have filesystems with big files or lofs'd filesystems!

I just hope we don't have a filesystem that is lofs'd to somewhere
else AND has files bigger than 2GB!

Dominic Froud
--
Postmaster/Unix Systems Analyst,