ADSM-L

excessive run times

1998-07-06 08:32:20
Subject: excessive run times
From: Ann Courchaine <acourcha AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 08:32:20 -0400
Hi All,
     Does anyone have any idea what would cause extremely long run times for
backups that run from schedules? I have 9 AIX Clients that are attached to an
AIX
server. Normally I backup 6 over the weekend and 1 each on Sunday night thru
Wednesday night For the long weekend, I setup a schedule that would backup all 7
clients over a three day time period. As an example, one client, Node7, normally
completes in 20 minutes but it took 13 hours when run in a multiple client
schedule. Has anyone experienced this and what is the cause?

Thanks in advance for any theories, hints, tips or helpful suggestions

Ann Courchaine
Senior Consultant
Year 2000 National Practice
Consulting & Systems Integration