ADSM-L

Re: Please Help! All scratch volumes deleted with V3 upgrade!

1998-06-03 14:10:19
Subject: Re: Please Help! All scratch volumes deleted with V3 upgrade!
From: Scott Emmons <scotte AT CENTER.USCS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:10:19 -0700
Well, I remembered about the "ENABLE3590LIBRARY" option and turned it on
in the dsmserv.opt file. I missed this option when I rebuilt the option
file using the V3 skeleton. Unfortunately, this option is only in the
manuals, and not in the skeleton file, so I completely missed it.

Now, our scratch category is 301 instead of 302, but I really don't care,
since all we have is 3590 drives and ADSM running the whole 3494 box.

Is anyone aware of any other ramifications that this would have? Other
than getting us up back and running, of course! :-)

IBM really needs to warn about this in the "Quick Start" manual, as well
as be able to change the scratchcategory on the fly...

Thanks,
-Scott
    L. Scott Emmons    | CableData R&D Center - El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Staff Software Engineer|  Unix Administration, Systems Development Dept
    (916) 939-6088     |  Views and content are my own, not CableData's