ADSM-L

Problems restoring under AIX 4.2.1, ADSM v3 server/client

1998-06-03 13:44:35
Subject: Problems restoring under AIX 4.2.1, ADSM v3 server/client
From: Matthew Emmerton <Matthew_Emmerton AT AGORAINC DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 13:44:35 -0400
AIX machine is v4.2.1.
ADSM Server & Client v3.1, revision 0.0

I'm testing some disaster recovery scenarios.
I performed a full backup of a system.  After I had backed everything up
(including volhistory, devconfig and the database) I trashed the system.  I
then reinstall the BOS as well as ADSM.  I restore the database and all
that stuff, all went well.

Now, I'm trying to restore the /usr tree.  I issue "dsmc restore /usr/
-subdir=yes".  It starts restoring files.  However, when it hits
/usr/bin/ksh (my login shell) it asks if I should overwrite or not.  If I
/usr/bin/ksh (my login shell) it asks if I should overwrite or not.  If I
try overwriting, it fails, and on the third time it core dumps.  Now, if I
try skipping the file, it core dumps right away.

Any ideas?

--
Matthew Emmerton, System Administration
Matthew Emmerton, System Administration