ADSM-L

Compaq DLT 1530 and 3570 experiences

1998-05-18 00:29:49
Subject: Compaq DLT 1530 and 3570 experiences
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 14:29:49 +1000
Hi,

We are looking at a new ADSM installation. There will be round 12
clients, averaging 5GB of data each, with around 10% changing daily. The
server will be WindowsNT, likely on a Compaq 850R.

Our biggest question mark at the moment is which library to use. We are
considering a Compaq 1530 or 3570, mostly due to our policy of trying to
keep the number of vendors down to a minimum.

Do any of you have experiences, good or bad, with these libraries? Any
suggestions other libraries that we should look at. There was a thread
backup early April asking similar questions, but the configuration
discussed there was significantly bigger than our need.

Trevor
Trevor Foley
Trevor Foley
Bankers Trust Australia Limited
Phone: 61-2-9259 3944    Fax: 61-2-9259 2659