ADSM-L

Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.1.1.1 with acsls

1998-04-24 16:12:41
Subject: Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.1.1.1 with acsls
From: Dan Giles <Dan_Giles AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:12:41 -0400
Hi there.

I've just upgraded from 3.1 (no acsls support) to 3.1.1.1 (with acsls support).
The platform is an RS/6000 (F40) running AIX 4.2, STK 9710 library, and 3
DLT7000 drives. I'm using DLT IV cartridges (35GB capacity).

I deleted the old drives and library and redefined them for acsls as per the
instructions. However, when I went to check in a tape, I get the following
error:

ANR8855E ACSAPI (acs_mount) response with unsuccessful status,
status=STATUS_IN-COMPATIBLE_MEDIA_TYPE.

I can't find any other information in any of the adsm or acsls logs.

Anyone have any ideas as to what to look for?

Thanks in advance.