ADSM-L

Re: Filespace lookup for a different machine

1998-04-09 20:34:17
Subject: Re: Filespace lookup for a different machine
From: David Derk <derk AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 20:34:17 -0400
Ravi,
Try...                    dsmc query backup {/admin}/* -su=yes

ADSM may be incorrectly looking for your files on the "/" filespace.

In certain cases ADSM must use the local filesystem to help parse the source
file specification.
In your case it is possible when you run the command on the original system
ADSM can
figure out that there is a filespace named "/admin" and issue the query on that
filespace (the
one you access for).
When you run the same command on the second machine it does not find a fs named
"/admin"
and therefore assumes "/" fs and looks for files in the /admin directory (an fs
you do not have
access for).

David Derk
ADSM Client Development