ADSM-L

Re: query backup

1998-04-09 20:50:48
Subject: Re: query backup
From: David Derk <derk AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 20:50:48 -0400
I responded to an earlier post on a totally different question but the answer
is
related.  ADSM's highest level qualifier is on the filespace.  Therefore the
queries and
restore/retrieve commands must specify the FS.  With any UNIX client ADSM
backups/
archives files under the specified filespaces - /,  /home,  /usr, ect.

There is currently no single syntax that will show you all files for a
particular node.
You have the do the dsmc query archive /* -subdir=yes for each FS.  The GUI is
sometimes better for this type of search.

David Derk
ADSM Client Development

>>  I'm having trouble with "query archive" on a Solaris client.
>>
>>  Users sometimes "loose" archive files.  When a home directory is moved
>>  from one file system to another, files archived from the former
>>  directory are left 'dangling.'  When the user asks where his (her)
>>  archived files are I will try to do a global query for all files
>>  archived from a particular node.  According to the "dsmc help, query
a>>  rchive" an example is given: