ADSM-L

Scalability Question

1998-03-10 13:20:19
Subject: Scalability Question
From: Cyndi Wood x7440 <SNOCKW AT VMS.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 13:20:19 -0500
We are in the process of setting up another ADSM server to backup about
2,000 new PC laptop clients running NT 4.0. We are guessing that
the rate data will change on each client is about 5MB per day.

Is there anyone out there backing up a similar number of NT clients? What
types of ADSM servers are you using? Anyone using an NT server? What
types of libraries/silos are you using? We are trying to determine what
type of hardware will scale well for 2,000+ clients.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Cyndi

 Cyndi Wood                      SAS Institute Inc.
 snockw AT vms.sas DOT com              SAS Campus Drive
 VMS Systems Support             E217
 (919)677-8000 x7440             Cary, NC 27513