ADSM-L

Re: NT scheduler install in V3R1

1998-02-17 09:20:14
Subject: Re: NT scheduler install in V3R1
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:20:14 -0500
I agree!

I am the primary ADSM admin, managing 3 servers that do backups for
several different LANs serving many different departments with many
different flavors of UNIX and WIndows machines.

One of the neat things about ADSM in general, is that the humans
administering the LANs can easily learn to do most things on their own
by using the icons, without much training or startup cost.  They do the
installs on the Windows and AIX servers in other physical locations,
that I don't have access to.

On the other hand, there is a very powerful command line interface that
I can use for automating the more complex stuff.

There is DEFINITELY a need for both icon-driven and batch mode tools.

Thanks Pete!