ADSM-L

ADSM 9710 with DLT4000 and DLT7000

1997-11-22 02:44:17
Subject: ADSM 9710 with DLT4000 and DLT7000
From: Michel Gaillard <Michel.Gaillard AT VZ.CIT.ALCATEL DOT FR>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 08:44:17 +0100
Hello

We are running ADSM V2 Level 12 with Enhanced ADSM Server (ADSM/ES) from
Openmic
since june 97 with 2 DLT4000 in a STK 9710 with no problems.

Last week we received 4 DLT7000 drives and plan to create a new library
with these 4 new drives, according to OpenMic recommendations in the
readme file.

I have an urgent question about the microcode level for the 9710.

To support the DLT7000 in ADSM/ES they must appear as DLT4000 and I have
been told they need microcode level 1.3.02 ..

STK people in france told me that microcode level 1.5.00 (current 9710
microcode level) includes the 1.3.02 features.

But apparently there is a problem, in the acsss_config step the drives
are not recognised correctly.

Does anybody having this kind of experience (mixed DLT4000 and DLT7000
in a STK 9710 with ADSM/ES V2) want to share experience with me, this is
a very big and critical problem.

Many thanks in advance,

Michel

--