ADSM-L

TCP/IP Problem?

1997-11-21 18:42:35
Subject: TCP/IP Problem?
From: Pat Mills <Pat_Mills AT SONYMUSIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 16:42:35 -0700
I have a script that does a nightly hot backup of a Oracle database. I'm
running on an RS/6000 R40 AIX 4.2 and ADSM 2.1.

My script copies the data files to /usr5/bkup then I run: dsmc archive
-quiet -desc="sfc database `date`" "/usr5/bkup/*"
There are 16 files in this directory, one being about 1GB. This had been
There are 16 files in this directory, one being about 1GB. This had been
working fine for a couple of months, now however I get the following error
every night: ANS4017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure. The
client that is running the Oracle database and the dsmc command is also a
R40 AIX 4.2.

Any ideas???? I'm fresh out.

Pat