ADSM-L

Newbie FAQ?

1972-06-09 22:46:16
Subject: Newbie FAQ?
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 09:42:16 +22306256
Uncle! (or Auntie!, as the case may be):

I'm trying to set up a test ADSM environment.  Since I'm on an AIX 4
machine, the GUI "test drive" stuff (which I assume leads one gently
through things required to set up a simple server) doesn't work - in any
case, I'm a commandline person at heart.  I've attempted to work through
the _Installing the Server and Administrative Client_ book, but obviously
missed something in all of the verbiage.  While I *am* getting a better
understanding of what's going on by doing things this way, I do keep making
annoying mistakes...  It'd be nice if there were a short task list for
novices - does such a thing exist and I've just missed it?

Thanks.

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu