ADSM-L

Re: Newbie FAQ?

1997-11-20 10:39:00
Subject: Re: Newbie FAQ?
From: "Rodney S. Richeson" <rricheson AT AMXINC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 07:39:00 -0800
I have been through 7-8 installations and I use a combination of the GUI and
the command line.  Defining drive, libraries etc. is easier from the cl, but
defining storage pools and migrations are easier through the gui.  I also have
found IMHO the windows client is easier to use than the AIX client.  Start the
server then control it from any workstation.

Also download the AIX quickstart guide.  Extremely helpful.  I just did a AIX
4.2 install and it was very simple.

Rod Richeson
AMX Systems, Inc.
rricheson AT amxinc DOT com