ADSM-L

Re: 3490E Tape Capacity

1997-11-17 16:07:50
Subject: Re: 3490E Tape Capacity
From: Mark Adams <madams AT CSG.SITEL DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 15:07:50 -0600
A lot of what you need to look at is the type of data you are backing
up.
From what I have been told and read is that 3490 drives will only hold
1.2GB
of uncompressed data. It sounds like you are getting some compression,
just not much. If the files you are backing up are binary files and not
text you
probably won't get much compression.

Mark A. Adams
UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR