ADSM-L

Re: Win NT Remote Restores

1997-11-10 09:59:51
Subject: Re: Win NT Remote Restores
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:59:51 EST
In article <4A25654B.000C19D8.00 AT aalnt02.alcatel.com DOT au>, Gavin Ring
<Gavin.Ring AT ALCATEL.COM DOT AU> says:

>How can I initate a restore to machine A (Win NT) from machine B (Win NT)
>??.
>
>I know I can start a restore via the scheduler but this is not the most
>desirable or most practical of methods.
>
>There must be a way to start a restore remotely without having to be
>physically sitting in front of the machine......
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Gavin

Good Morning Gavin

There is one non-adsm method available. There are products that allow one
to take remote control of windows nt machine. When you use the product on
machine B and start up a session on machine A, everything is as you were
on machine a. You might want to look at one of these packages for
reasons over and beyond adsm.

len
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513