ADSM-L

Re: Exabyte Mammoth vs. 3570

1997-11-06 11:34:49
Subject: Re: Exabyte Mammoth vs. 3570
From: Ian Munro <ian AT WINTERLAND.MAINLAND.AB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:34:49 -0700
I know there is a benchmark which IBM has comparing Mammoth to DLT7000 to
3570 ... I'm currently trying to get my hands on it and will repost once I
find out it's location.  Based on the information I've heard, the 3570 was
the highest performing drive in this test, Mammoth was second ... likely
because of a high degree of start/stop activity ...

>Hi,
>
>I'm in the process of evaluating an Exabyte 440 tape library
>with Mammoth drives and a 3575 L06.
>My server platform will be WinNt and most
>of the clients will be connected via 16M/Bit Token Ring. (I know
>we should be running ATM/FDDI, but over here it is VERY
>expensive!)
>
>Has anyone used one of these libraries and can share
>some good/bad experiences with me?
>
>I've heard some very good things about the mammoth
>in terms of future performance that will make the 3570
>look like it's standing still.
>Does not matter if your server is on another platform, the
>main thing is the reliability of the drives/ATL and performance.
>We will be rolling out ADSM big time and I don't want to
>choose the wrong library to do this with...
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Regards
>Christo Heuër
>ABSA Group