ADSM-L

WindowsNT V3 Schedules failing on NTUSER.DAT

1997-11-06 11:35:32
Subject: WindowsNT V3 Schedules failing on NTUSER.DAT
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 08:35:32 -0800
I read a statement that someone had a problem with their schedules
failing when trying to back
the locked file NTUSER.DAT.
The resolution was to exclude the file.
My problem is that every night, backups on several servers hit locked
files that return the
same ANS message we get from NTUSER.DAT  (Different filenames on
different nights)
Since we can't get all our users to close their applications before
leaving each night, does this
mean our schedules will fail each night instead of skipping locked
files?
If this is the case, we will be unable to upgrade to V3.

Is anyone out there getting the following messages without having the
backup terminate?
ANS4090E Access to the specified file or directory is denied
ANS4090E Access to the specified file or directory is denied
ANS4638E Incremental backup of 'Q:' finished with 1 failure