ADSM-L

WINDOWS 95 SUPPORT

2015-10-04 18:05:23
Subject: WINDOWS 95 SUPPORT
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 9/8/97 11:34AM
** I won't do any police jokes - just the facts.....

I am not completely clear on your question.....

There is a Windows 95 client - actually called Win32 - it works on both Win95
and WinNT.

There is an AS/400 Server.

Since all clients are supported across all servers, then you should be able
to back up a Win95 client to an AS/400 ADSM server.

The only hang-up might be communications - but I assume that at a minimum, the
AS/400 client supports TCP/IP, as does Win95, so you shouldn't have a problem
there.  If you don't use TCP/IP, then you would have to go to some other common
protocol.  Not all protocols are supported for all Client/Server combinations,
so be careful.

Hope this helps

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com